25 February 2018

I'm Just Curious....

My grandkids came to visit yesterday.  We had a lovely time.

Fireball and Cookie played board games with their aunties; Ji-Ji played with me.

Ji-Ji is a delightful, autistic 13 year-old.  He and I played with a wide variety of musical instruments, ate snacks and finally settled down to watch some Rube Goldberg Machines on the YouTube.  After a while I wandered away to do some Mom/Gramma stuff, but I kept an eye on him.  Ji-Ji has been known to quietly change tack and "get into something" (or out the door!) when least expected, so one has to be diligent and attentive when he's in the house.

Sure enough, he got tired of the groovy chain reaction videos and switched the computer to a cartoon he liked.

I hadn't seen it before so I indulgently slid back beside him to watch it.  Let's just say I decided pretty quickly that we needed to watch something more wholesome!

You know, something like a relentlessly stupid coyote who keeps getting squished, smashed, blown-up and scorched as he tries desperately to capture an oversized, good natured roadrunner.  (Note:  I lived in Texas for a spell and I know for a fact that roadrunners ain't that big!).



We watched the cartoon for about 10 minutes before Ji-Ji wanted to switch to another cartoon he liked better.  This time he made a much better choice, so I let him watch.

However, I was left wondering:  If the coyote has the wherewithal to buy slingshots and explosives and cars and traps, then why doesn't he just order pizza and give up the whole futile roadrunner quest?

I'm just asking'...


1 comment:

Dr Purva Pius said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.